Redeemer is a spiritual haven for those looking to find a warm and comfortable place where they can worship our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Redeemer has always been a place where people put down roots. Where they come to raise families, and where generations of families stay in membership. We are a loving, friendly and accepting community where you can come and celebrate the love of Christ. It is through His love that we become one community and it is through His sacrifice that we become whole again. When you enter our doors you will find that His arms are open awaiting you — and so are ours.
We, the members of Lutheran Church of the Redeemer, here to serve God by ministering to the needs of people,
- Believe THE BIBLE is the inspired Word of God, which provides people with His plan of salvation and His standard for living.
(2 Peter 1:21; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Psalm 119:105)
- Believe in the TRIUNE GOD, who identifies Himself as … THE FATHER, Creator of the universe, alive and active in people’s lives today. (Genesis 1:1; Psalm 33:6,9; Colossians 1:16; Hebrews 11:3) … THE SON, Jesus Christ — true God and man — the only Savior of the world. (John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Acts 10:43; 1 Timothy 2:5) … THE HOLY SPIRIT, who, through God’s Word, brings people to faith in Jesus and strengthens them in their daily lives. (Romans 1:16; 1 Corinthians 12:3; 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14)
- Believe ALL PEOPLE are born sinful, separated from God, and in need of His love and forgiveness.
(Psalm 51:15; Ezekiel 18:20; Romans 3:10-12,23; Romans 6:23)
- Believe PEOPLE INHERIT God’s gifts of forgiveness and eternal life only by believing in Jesus as their Savior.
(Ephesians 2:8-9; Acts 16:31)
- Believe BAPTISM, through water and God’s Word, is the means by which the Holy Spirit brings people into God’s family. (Matthew 28:18-19; Titus 3:5-8)
- Believe HOLY COMMUNION, in which the body and blood of Christ are truly present with the bread and wine, offers and reassures people of God’s forgiveness and promise of eternal life. (1 Corinthians 11:23-26)
- Believe THE CHURCH is a community of Christians worshiping the Triune God,
growing in Christian faith, loving and caring for each other, and bringing others to know God’s love. (1 Corinthians 12:12-27; Ephesians 2:19-22; 1 Peter 2:4-12)
OUR CORE VALUES
Lutheran Church of the Redeemer is a church family that …
- believes the Bible is the Word of God, which inspires all that we do as a congregation.
Matthew 5:16, 2 Timothy 3:16, 1 Peter 1:23, James 2:17
- gathers regularly for worship, where Christ comes to us in Word and Sacrament Ministry.
Hebrews 10:23-25, Colossians 3:16-17, Acts 2:42
- is nurtured through study and prayer. Acts 2:42, Colossians 3:16, 1 Peter 2:2-3
- values our relationship with Christ and one another, because God Himself values and treasures all people.
Acts 1:8, Galatians 5:13-14, 1 Peter 2:9
- exists not to serve itself, but whose very purpose comes from drawing those who are outside of God’s family into His family. Matthew 28:18-20
Lutheran Church of the Redeemer is a loving family of believers,
- who seek to fulfill the Great Commandment through worship, fellowship, and study;
- who love Christ and one another; and
- who live the Great Commission by bringing the love of Jesus to others.
The scriptural basis for our mission is:
- Matthew 22:37-40 – Jesus’ Great Command to love God and others.
- Matthew 28:18-20 – Jesus’ Great Commission to make disciples of all nations.
- God has blessed us with a congregation recognized for having strong children’s and youth ministries. Let us continue to grow those family ministries as the cornerstone of our mission.
- God has blessed us with faith, talent and resources so that we may be His instruments in adding souls to His kingdom. Through the Holy Spirit, let us sustain our present worship attendance growth rate every year going forward.
- God has delivered visitors to our door. With His continued guidance, let us follow-up with all visitors until they are churched or they express the wish that we no longer minister to them.
- God has blessed us with new members. Let us assure that all new members become a part of the larger Redeemer family by encouraging their involvement in any of many church activities.
- God has directed us in the Great Commandment to love one another. Let us provide the opportunity for spiritual growth among all of our members, so that we express our love and support in service to each other.
- God has commanded us through the Great Commission to carry out His work. Let us become involved in outreach ministries using our God-given gifts and abilities to both strengthen and grow God’s Kingdom.